Compensation Information

If you have a work-related medical condition, you may decide to file a claim for workers' compensation. You may be able to file for both State and Federal workers compensation.

State Workers Compensation

Be advised that some state laws strictly limit the time you can wait to file a claim or take other legal action. You can find contact information for your state here:

You may need to act immediately, before time runs out.

Should you decide to seek legal representation, click on the link below for a list of attorneys. BTMed does not recommend attorneys nor does it pay for legal services. The attorneys on this page were identified by various building trades’ leaders.


If you have questions call us toll-free at 1-800-866-9663.

Department of Labor – The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICPA)

EEOICPA provides lump-sum compensation and health benefits to eligible Department of Energy nuclear weapons workers (including employees, former employees, contractors and subcontractors) and lump-sum compensation to certain survivors if the worker is deceased. If you apply for either Part B and/or Part E DOL will collect medical, employment, and other information from you and make a decision about whether or not you qualify for compensation and benefits.

EEOICPA is a Federal compensation program and is separate from any state workers' compensation program. DOL Resource Centers are available to help you (or qualifying survivors) with the EEOICPA process. To locate the nearest resource center, please call the DOL toll free at 866-888-3322. More information can be found on the DOL EEOICP web page.

The following may be helpful to you:
How Is My EEOICPA Claim Processed?    print

DOL EEOICPA Eligible Facilities
Information on Noise Induced Hearing Loss    print

Contact BTMed at 1-800-866-9663, if you have questions or need additional support.